Associate I, Warehouse
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Material Handler, Warehouse
Requisition ID: 153464BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
- Viral Vector Services (VVS)
- United States - Alachua, FL
How will you make an impact in the warehouse?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
What will you do in the warehouse?
- Perform daily materials operations related to the ordering of
supplies, maintaining inventory, proper storage locations, receipt,
raw material sampling, storage, on-site transfer, shipment
preparation and disposal of materials ensuring compliance with all
applicable regulatory agency requirements and policies and
- Act as responsible agent for operation and troubleshooting of
- Assist in writing procedures and instructions for material
- Utilize SAP to manage storage, movement and inventory
- Perform all cGMP operations per procedure as required.
- Utilize the discrepancy management system as required.
- Ensure the approved shipping plan is properly executed, through
interaction with key stakeholders (Manufacturing, Quality,
- Ensure all materials (bulk intermediates, API's, samples,
equipment, supplier returns, etc) are shipped in accordance with
approved company and regulatory guidelines.
- Order raw materials for manufacturing production and
order/stock storeroom of HIBL supplies.
- Enter material receipt information into SAP. Resolve
discrepancies with Purchasing, Accounting, and end users.
- Submit and follow-up on maintenance notifications on equipment
for assigned areas.
- Perform all record keeping duties and enter information into
computerized systems as required to ensure material
- Perform other duties such as: cycle counting, safe disposal of
trash and hazardous waste, warehouse inspections/housekeeping,
on-site mail distribution, operating all motorized and automated
material handling equipment to include forklifts and an Automated
Storage and Retrieval System, and bar-coding applications.
- Perform various material handling duties including receiving,
storage/retrieval, and shipping per Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure incoming material is sampled and delivered to the
appropriate lab with no safety or procedural infractions.
- Ensure regulatory documentation related to DOT, IATA, IMO and
relevant training documentation is maintained and accessible.
- Oversee and assist with the preparation of materials for
- Ensure proper classification, packaging and labeling of all
materials for shipment.
- Perform other duties as required.
How will you become a Material Handler?
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year of experience in a warehouse or inventory required
- 2-3 years of experience in warehouse setting preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- SAP experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Excellent Computer skills in Word and Excel
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically, and
manipulate (lift, carry, move) weight of 50-70 pounds
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Gainesville , Associate I, Warehouse, Other , Alachua, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!