HAZMAT Endorsed Truck Driver Technician
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Salary Range : $25.00-$35.00 based on experience
Non-Exempt. This position is responsible for performing
transportation and technician duties for the Perma-Fix Of Florida
- Drive truck to assigned locations. (Locations and the scope of
work will vary on a daily basis.)
- Inspect containers/drums for regulatory compliance to identify
non-conformances such as: Improper container closure, deformity,
signs of leakage and improper DOT labeling before loading onto
- Loading containers/materials (55-gallon drums, totes, roll off
boxes or tankers) of hazardous and non-hazardous waste onto the
truck and/or trailer for transportation and delivery to their final
- Ability to perform multiple overnight trips as needed depending
on schedule. Will require some Saturday shifts for field service
- Conduct daily inspections of the vehicle at the end of the
shift and report any problems or damage to management.
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures
- Operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Complete a daily truck log and submit reports of mileage
covered at EOD
- Unloading and processing containers upon delivery to the PFF
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are performed in compliance with
the Department of Transportation, facility permits and licenses,
company policies, procedures, and state and federal
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent (college, vocational or job
training in a technical field preferred).
- 40-hour OSHA Hazwoper Certification with current 8-hr
- Maintain current operator license, w/Class A CDL with Tanker
and HAZMAT endorsement.
- Experience with van trailers, roll off trailers and tankers
- No serious tickets or accidents in last 5 years
- No DWI/DUI in last 10 years
- A minimum of 3-5+ years' commercial driving experience
- Current D.O.T. Haz. Materials Training 49 CFR 172.70.
- Maintain a clean driving record.
- Knowledge and ability to operate commercial vehicle under
DOT/FMCSA rules and laws.
- Trained to FMCSA [76 FR 75470] restricted use of hand-held
- Preparation of manifests, labels, daily logs, and trip
- Knowledgeable in proper usage of materials handling equipment
(Forklifts, Drum dollies and carts)
- Displays professionalism.
- Licensed operator I/C powered sit-down counterbalanced lift
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Personality conducive to teamwork.
Occasional exposure to vibration and excessive noise. Frequent
exposure to the outside elements where subject to seasonal extremes
of temperature. Use of a particulate mask, an air-purifying
respirator, tyvek, or other protective equipment, as needed.
Perma-Fix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Perma-Fix, Gainesville , HAZMAT Endorsed Truck Driver Technician, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!