Laboratory Quality/Technical Manager (Environmental)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for proposing improvements,
efficiencies and operational modification as it relates to the
laboratory in the company's overall objective of seeking and
obtaining formal accreditation with select state agencies in
accordance with best practices identified by NELAC, ISO/IEC
17025:2017 or equivalent programs (DoD-ELAP, DOECAP-AP). This is a
salaried, exempt position.
- Develops and reviews quality assurance (QA) manuals and
standard operating procedures (SOPs) submitted in support of
applications for accreditation and documents and evaluates chemical
proficiency testing (PT) results.
- Processes applications for accreditation.
- Supports, implements, and ensures compliance with all
departmental and company policies and procedures including but not
limited to Quality, Compliance with all regulatory entities and
- Reviews environmental laboratory data in an organized and
concise manner, consistent with and as prescribed by corporate and
US EPA data validation standard operating procedures, quality
assurance project plans, and published analytical methods.
- Ensure on-time delivery of project reports and senior technical
review to ensure accuracy of report that meets client
- Supervision of other chemists and interaction with project
- Detailed report and proposal preparation;
- Independently collect and synthesize environmental laboratory
- Mentor more junior chemists;
- Give direction and develop solutions to encountered data issues
with little principal guidance required;
- Design and direct work scopes;
- Prepare and create highly-original project document;
- Limited participation in negotiations and/or meetings with the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- M.S. degree or higher in Chemistry from an accredited college
- 7-10 years of environmental laboratory experience;
- Familiarity with the US EPA methods for the preparation and
analysis of environmental samples;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Able to review environmental laboratory data for completeness;
correctness; compliance against the published analytical methods;
and usability utilizing corporate data validation standard
operating procedures, US EPA data validation guidelines, and
Quality Assurance Project Plans;
- Extensive knowledge of analytical and data review procedures.
direct experience managing and supervising projects of a similar
nature, and knowledge of NELAC Institute standards or
- Able to use a variety of office equipment, such as computers,
fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and
- Computer literacy - capable of performing tasks such as: create
spreadsheets; compose correspondence; and create reports, and
documents using desktop software;
- Exhibit discretion and good judgment;
- Strong project management skills;
- Possess keen analytical skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently.
Lab environment, some light lifting, bending and reaching
necessary. The position requires the ability to wear protective
equipment and work with hazardous materials.
Perma-Fix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Perma-Fix, Gainesville , Laboratory Quality/Technical Manager (Environmental), Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!