DC Intern In Alachua FL
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26,
2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
The intern will partner with Management to work on special
projects. During this time the intern will help manage and
streamline day to day operations timely receipt, stocking, order
filling, and shipment of merchandise. Duties can also include
supervising employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct start-up meetings to communicate daily volume and
safety topic of the week.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct
problems; communicates issues to members of management for the
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to a member of
management for the assigned department.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to reporting
member of management for the assigned department.
- Maintains positive employee relations and maintains employee
records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee
- Will report weekly to members of Management on current status
of project and overall performance.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated employee relations skills and skills necessary to
assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate or graduate business student with/or pursuing
major in Supply Chain Management.
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate
and timely completion of tasks.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint,
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution
center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust varied lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling
may be required to assist employees when necessary.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Gainesville , DC Intern In Alachua FL, Other , Alachua, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!