OPS Standardized Patient
Company: University of Florida
Posted on: June 12, 2021
OPS As Needed
The Dr. Angelo and Alberta Anaclerio Learning and Assessment
Center (ALAC) provides medical students with Standardized Patient
(SPs) simulations. These simulations involve the use of individuals
trained to portray the roles of patients, family members or others
to allow students to practice physical exam skills, history taking
skills, communication skills and other exercises. Multiple
standardized patients are being recruited to portray these
In a clinical setting, independently, consistently and
accurately portray specific emotions, behaviors and disease
symptoms while interacting with students in the health care field
during simulated patient encounters designed to enable experiential
learning and/or assessment of students' skills. Assess student
behaviors using standardized measurement tools, and participates in
group training and/or mentorship of entry-level standardized
patients. Work varied hours on an as needed basis.
Specific Duties Include:
- Memorizes a case script detailing specific emotions, behaviors,
and disease signs/symptoms for presentation during simulated
- Presents case information in a standardized manner, as elicited
by students during simulated interactive patient history and/or
- Remains in a specific patient character as trained when
responding to student questions.
- Accurately remembers interactions with students for the purpose
of evaluating their performance.
- Participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases,
student performance , feedback and evaluations.
- Demonstrate no bias related to gender, race, religion, national
origin, physical characteristics, etc.
- Willingness to be video recorded for and examined for
- Provides constructive verbal feedback within a structured
format, as appropriate to the position.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Multiple positions available on a part-time, as needed
Some position openings may require specific physical attributes
and/or characteristics designed to meet the role of the character
Variable based on assigned activity. Activities requiring more
experience and skills are paid at higher rates.
Completion of ninth (9th) grade
- High School Diploma
- Flexible availability
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This requisition will be used to fill multiple positions and
will remain open until openings are filled.
Background check required.
Health Assessment Required: No
Keywords: University of Florida, Gainesville , OPS Standardized Patient, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!