Are you interested in working on a broad range of
civil/environmental projects requiring the application and testing
of your knowledge and experience, your willingness and curiosity to
learn, your adaptability, and your collaborative nature .to develop
solutions for local, state and federal government clients and our
teaming partners? If you are, then we would like to meet you.
Details are below, but if your answer to the question is Yes, then
apply when you are ready!
It begins with our people. We hire only the most determined
individuals to join our team. Folks that arent just passionate
about solving problems they care about the solutions and the
communities theyll impact. In a highly technical industry, empathy
is vital to our vision. Years of solving problems with integrity
has built a legacy of exceeding clients expectations. Our
Associates are trained to demonstrate Jones Edmunds core values of
Integrity, Knowledge, and Service in each of their project
assignments, resulting in quality work that improves the quality of
life for the communities we serve. This focus allows them to
further develop their technical and leadership skills and advance
in their profession through the publication of papers, involvement
in professional organizations, and work on exciting and challenging
projects and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to design partial to complete projects, systems,
components, or processes and prepare complete project
- Prepare complete project document consistent with project plans
and within project scope and budget.
- Prepare written correspondence.
- Identify, analyze, and propose solutions to, or solve problems
related to projects or assigned work.
- Communicate regularly with the Project Manager on project
activities and track project progress on completed work relative to
the agreed-on scope and deliverable goals
- Engage in continuing professional development.
Quality Program Responsibility
- Assume responsibility for the quality of work submitted.
Review, evaluate, and verify accuracy and viability of designs,
data, reports, and other documents before submitting them to the
next review level.
- Adhere to project deadlines and keep the Project Manager or
Supervising Engineer informed of any difficulties encountered on
- Review Engineer Interns work that was completed under his/her
- Perform peer reviews of project work
- Submit work for quality control review on time and in a
- May act as a Task Manager
- Provide information to the marketing team and others in the
Company as requested.
- May interact directly with clients.
- May interact with other professionals through membership in
societies and technical organizations.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS in Engineering from accredited college or
Registration: Florida Registered Professional Engineer
Experience: 4+ years of progressive consulting or related
MS in Engineering may be substituted for 1 year of
PhD in Engineering may be substituted for 2 years of
Other: Valid Drivers License with an acceptable MVR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must have knowledge of the
practical application of engineering science and technology. This
includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment
to design services. Must be able to use computer aided drafting or
design software for designing, drafting, modeling, and other
engineering tasks. Must stay up to date on knowledge of
construction and government standards relevant to engineering and
have the ability to apply new technical knowledge on the job. Must
be able to use scientific rules and methods to solve problems as
well as understand the implications of new information for current
and future problem solving and decision making.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g.
H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any
successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment
background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.