Endoscopy Technician PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: September 9, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
NFRMC is a 510 bed, full-service medical and surgical
acute care center serving North Central Florida for over 49 years.
NFRMC offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology,
orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and
robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women’s health
and wound therapy, among other services. NFRMC is fully accredited
by the Joint Commission, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke
Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of
Cardiology), and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for
Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. NFRMC has also received the
highest scores available recognizing their commitment to patient
safety and quality of care.
Position Summary: Provides safe and
effective care to assigned patients. responsible for the set up and
maintenance of all equipment in the Endoscopy Suite. Must be
proficient in all procedures within the department and the proper
utilization of equipment. Knowledge of all Quality Control checks
required and adhering to Joint Commission and SGNA standards
related to infection control.
- Requests supplies to be ordered before the need arises; assures
par levels for stock.
- Assists in readying patient for procedure to keep schedule
- Assures patient safety by strict adherence to monitoring that
side rails are up at all times and patient is not left
responsible to check patients into the staging area pre-procedure
and to obtain vital signs, height, weight, record NPO status, drug
allergies, contact information of responsible person driving
patient home after procedure, type of preparation and report any
abnormal findings to nurse.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner. Routinely
communicates with team leader throughout the
competent in all procedures performed in the Endoscopy
- Preparing and caring for medical instruments and equipment used
during endoscopic procedures.
- Setting up procedure rooms and ensuring that equipment is
working prior to use and reporting equipment failures to supervisor
- Disinfection of endoscopes between procedures and strict
adherence to infection control measures (this includes anesthesia
and respiratory scopes).
- Must have good working knowledge of all equipment used in the
GI lab and able to troubleshoot issues with equipment as they
- Works closely with sales representatives, biomedical and plant
operations personnel to ensure preventive maintenance and necessary
repairs are completed and stickers affixed per
responsible to perform quality control checks in the
decontamination area and complete required
- Wipe down equipment after each patient use with a germicidal
- Ensure all equipment needing electrical charging is
appropriately plugged in between use or charged appropriate to time
- Maintain equipment accessories in readily available labeled
space to facilitate efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to decrease damage to equipment by
better care and handling.
- Keep informed of endoscopy schedule and bring necessary
equipment to facilitate efficient turnovers.
- Organize and maintain endoscopy equipment in clean equipment
- Assisting physician and nurse during endoscopy
- Assist in the collection of specimens.
- Must be able to assemble all equipment on travel cart for
bedside procedures in CCU/ED/OR.
- Transporting of patients from the main hospital to endoscopy as
responsible to keep procedure rooms supplied with CO2 tanks as
- High school graduate or GED
- 6 months of related experience is
Skills, Knowledge, and
- Demonstrated skills in
organization, verbal and written communications, customer service,
math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer
- CNA, NT, or ET is
- BLS through American Heart
Association is required
Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , Endoscopy Technician PRN, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!