$16.50 To Start. Advancement Opportunities
Monday-Friday Weekends off!
Full-time, paid weekly!
Quarterly and ASE bonus incentive, full benefits and
hands on training!
Great career path!
Gain hands on experience!
Work for industry leader!
Please Call or Text Dan at 989.251.8383
We are currently hiring a Diesel Technician Trainee with
CDL in Gainesville, Florida
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great
pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest
transportation companies in the country?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you’ve got to
check out Ryder!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you’ve been
looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome
The Technician Trainee (TT) role is a
developmental position intended to familiarize a new employee with
the Technician role while working as a Service Employee and is
enrolled in Ryder’s 18 month Technical Training Developmental
Program. The incumbent will be assigned to a mentor and receive
hands-on experience and knowledge in a professional shop
environment. In addition, Ryder will have the opportunity to gauge
the trainee’s technical aptitude, work ethic, and if they are a
culture fit. The ultimate goal is to acclimate the Technician
Trainee to Ryder’s current business model, culture, and practices
which could potentially lead to a future Technician I or Technician
The Technician Trainee must be able to fulfill all assigned
responsibilities and technician training on a weekly basis, as
guided by their assigned location mentor. The TT must be in good
standing with their employment and throughout the developmental
program. As with all Fleet Management Solutions (FMS) Shop
positions, the trainee is responsible for adhering to all Ryder
Maintenance Operations policies and procedures. Upon completion of
the Technical Training Developmental Program, the TT will be
prepared for technician level opportunities within the company.
- H.S. diploma/GED in General H.S. subjects
- Zero to one (1) year mechanical experience working with, and
maintaining, primarily diesel engines preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Proficiency in English written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Strong technical aptitude with ability to learn to use and
maintain equipment and machinery preferred
- Ability to:
- Quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Workindependently and as a member of a team
- Professionally represent Ryder and competently engage both
Ryder employees and customers
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must have track record of performance and good attendance
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a proven track
record of achieving desired results
- Competency in basic computer skills and in a Microsoft Office
- Beginner level knowledge of machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred
- Beginner level knowledge of shop management systems
- Valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) CLASS A Valid driver’s
license (180 Days)
- DOT safety regulated position; regulated tech
- Safety sensitive position; minimum age requirements and work
hours will be determined by State Law
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder drug test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder background and motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last three
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts.
- Move heavy duty vehicles into or out of yard, wash bay, service
shop, or delivered to rental shop. Wash and detail vehicles
manually or using automated equipment; fuel diesel, natural gas,
and hybrid vehicles properly while adhering to all shop safety
policies and procedures; record fuel activity and maintain proper
fuel and DEF inventories and reconciliation; this includes using
hand held devices to properly identify customer and required
- Perform multi-point inspection on inbound units as required by
company policies and procedures; this includes checking vehicle
tire pressure and thread, fluid levels, lights, washing vehicle
windows, changing tires, inspecting refrigeration units on trucks,
and reporting service or driver issues to shop
- Maintain fuel island area to Six Sigma standards and policies;
perform some facility maintenance; perform minor maintenance tasks
as assigned by supervisor
- Attend and complete all Technician Training Development Program
requirements and assessments. Training will include hands-on and
online training as well as performing tasks learned. Technician
Training Development Program will include but is not limited
- Service Island Training:
- Service Island Multi-point Inspection (includes Hand Held)
- Vehicle Fueling and Washing
- Environmental Safety & Spill Response
- Safe Driving
- Service Island Organization & Cleanliness (6S Standards)
- Technician I Training:
- Preventive Maintenance
- Tire and Wheel
- Service Bay Tool
- Technician II Training:
- HD Electrical
- Air and Hydraulic Brakes
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug
Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Job Locations US-FL-GAINESVILLE
Posted Date 1 week ago (8/31/2021
Employment Type Regular-Full
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 8197