RN CV Education Specialist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: September 12, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
North Florida Regional
Healthcare is one of six accredited sites in the US and the
only site in Florida for TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve
Repair). NFRMC is a 510-bed, full-service medical
and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and
offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics,
neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic
surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's
health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader,
NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke
Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an
accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction
(tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and
Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100
Hospitals in 2017.
The Clinical Professional Development Educator
enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient
care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and
activities that promote professional competency for nursing,
inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned
- Participates in the development, coordination,
managing, facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding
and orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to
promote employee retention.
- Conducts orientation in a manner that
facilitates a positive learning environment. Incorporates
organizational values/culture into the orientation
- Promotes cost effectiveness through
implementation of efficient orientation/onboarding
- Serves as a role model for organizational and
personal commitment to new employee success.
- Collaborates with the Education Coordinator
concerning the logistics of orientation to keep all stakeholders
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical
Professional Development to adjust the program based on evaluation
- Participates in the development, coordination,
and management of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating
- Comprehends and interprets competencies to
staff. Serves as a role model for competent practice.
- Identifies learning needs of staff and assesses
practice gaps, comparing competencies to actual practice. Plans
educational content with learner engagement.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Market
Director to review outcomes data to evaluate and refine competency
- Identifies appropriate resources for problem
- Designs and identifies educational activities to
address practice gaps for identified target audiences, including
licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with
HCA and division clinical education request and development
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes
related to identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in
knowledge, skill and practice. Plans educational content
delivery that encourages learner engagement.
- Collaborates with Clinical Education Market
Director to evaluate and adjust educational programs based on
evaluations and feedback.
- Utilizes the educational process to improve
professional practice and promote safe, compassionate, quality
- Incorporates organizational values/culture in
educational programs, ensuring alignment with organization’s
policies/procedures and compliance with regulatory
- Demonstrates an understanding of adult
educational theory and the ability to apply evaluation
methodologies, (i.e., Kirkpatrick) into courses and curriculum to
refine clinical programs.
- Supports new ideas and innovation in educational
design. Utilizes current best evidence.
- Identifies resources for problem solving.
Provides staff with resources and education to implement
Research Evidence-Based Practice
(EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to
continuously improve practice. Conducts, encourages,
facilitates, and/or participates in research, EBP, and QI in
patient care settings.
- Supports research activities that align with the
organizational strategic plan. Disseminates research findings
through educational programs, courses, and other
- Works with others to identify problems and
solutions and collaboratively design and implement the change
strategy. Exhibits creativity and flexibility through times of
- Embraces meaningful change and fosters
acceptance, adoption and action toward change in
- Creates a supportive environment for nursing
research, scientific inquiry, quality improvement, and
evidence-based practice. Identifies appropriate evidence to guide
- Maintains and sustains practice changes using
principles of implementation science.
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate
a continuous process of maturation through lifelong
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when
developing staff. Identifies and provides opportunities for skill
enhancement and mastery.
- Assists staff to identify areas for individual
growth in current role. Promotes the achievement of specialty
- Provides expertise in identifying professional
development needs of individual staff. Directs staff to career
- Participates in lifelong learning to promote
continuing personal development.
- Contributes insights and feedback for succession
- Monitors the practices or operations with
reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, or industry practices
to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key
performance indicators for the clinical education service line
within the division.
- Ensures that the clinical education team
develops educational content that meets the accreditation standards
of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar
organizations from an educational perspective.
- Assumes accountability for delivery of clinical
education services and practices that create a patient-centered
organization, driven by customer feedback and
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of
quality clinical education content and programs to drive improved
- Contributes and works collaboratively with
division and facility education team to support hospital-wide
improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, and service
excellence goals through clinical education.
- Participates in providing simulation models in
the simulation lab.
- Fosters a Service Excellence
- Identifies opportunities to support improvement
in internal or external customer satisfaction and/or patient
- Inspires pride in HCA and organizational
outcomes by developing a superior clinical identity and a culture
of excellence which inspires higher expectations for care in
physicians, nurses, and other clinicians.
- Assumes accountability for promoting consistent,
positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of
unparalleled patient service.
- Establishes a culture of accountability for
effectively managing expenses and delivering cost-effective
healthcare in the communities served.
- Supports strategic planning and business
development within the clinical education area of responsibility,
including technology advances and other opportunities to drive
differentiation and support the growth agenda.
- Represents the organization positively within
the community; participates in company-supported community/patient
events and in-services.
- Supports external relationships which advance
the organization's position within the community, to grow the
business and improve the health of communities served.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, emerging
technology, and advancements in healthcare delivery.
- Stays abreast of external factors and
opportunities impacting healthcare, including political,
legislative and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and
advancements in healthcare delivery. Understands the
competitive landscape. Supports the organization in strategic
positioning to respond to changing healthcare dynamics and market
- Participates with the division education team to
contribute to the development of long- and short-range operational
and capital budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Provides requested data for assigned facility to
assist in completing monthly operations; provides information on
variances and action plans to address gaps.
- Understands impact on department performance in
accordance with established budget, including the utilization of
staffing, supplies, and equipment.
- Participates in the annual budget process,
providing input into assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing,
and supply and equipment needs. Identifies cost reduction
opportunities and implements actions to achieve
- 5+ years’ experience in an acute care setting
- 3+ years’ experience in clinical education
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our
Benefits Raise the Bar:
- 401(k) with an employer match up to
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental &
- Student Loan Repayment
- And much more
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , RN CV Education Specialist, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!