Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lake City
Posted on: September 14, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed
acute care hospital serving the communities of Columbia, Hamilton
and Suwannee counties for over 60 years. Lake City Medical Center
is part of HCA Healthcare North Florida offering medical and
surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care, heart care,
interventional cardiology, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and
rehabilitation services. Lake City Medical Center is an Accredited
Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest
Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology, and has achieved
Disease Specific Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the
Joint Commission. We have been named the area's Best of the Best
Hospital 20 years in a row and employer of choice in 2019 by the
Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce!
To provide care to patients under the
direction of the RN, utilizing the nursing process, in accordance
with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of LCMC.
- Administers and evaluates prescribed medications to patients in
accordance with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors
patient for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes
as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Inserts and maintains IVs, after meeting training requirements
and demonstrating competency.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or
practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality
- Maintains and practices quality patient care through effective
use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in
relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the
patients right to privacy by protecting confidential
- Observes, reports, and documents the patient’s physiological
and psychological status, informing a physician or Clinical
Coordinator of any incongruence in the above.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
- Graduated from School of Practical Nursing or Vo-tech training
- State of Florida LPN License required
- BLS required
- ACLS certification required
- PALS certification required
- IV Certification required
- Registered Nurse licensure obtained within 3 years
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
- Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary
to transcribe physician’s orders
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family,
internal and external partners needs
- Basic computer skills
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , Licensed Practical Nurse, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!