Patient Care Technician PRN Free Standing Emergency
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Lake City
Posted on: September 14, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving the
communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for over 60
years. Lake City Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare
North Florida offering medical and surgical programs including
24-hour emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology,
orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation
services. Lake City Medical Center is an Accredited Primary
Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain
Center by the American College of Cardiology, and has achieved
Disease Specific Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the
Joint Commission. We have been named the area's Best of the
Best Hospital 20 years in a row and employer of choice in 2019 by
the Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce!
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified
Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities
necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients
Accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Lake
City Medical Center.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability
Required Job Qualifications
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS
certification through the American Heart Association
- Successful completion of a Nursing
Assistant training program required.
- Current enrollment in an RN program required: completion of the
first medical/surgical class is required
- EMT, Paramedic training, 2 year associate degree in Medical
Assistant, PCT certificate, or Registered Nursing Students, who
have completed fundamentals of nursing courses
- Previous 1 year
hospital experience is preferred.
- Basic pharmacology knowledge,
medical terminology preferred.
- Customer service abilities
including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions
to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that
requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling,
moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 75
- Unit secretary skill preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , Patient Care Technician PRN Free Standing Emergency, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!