SHIFT: No Weekends
Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the
community hospital in Gainesville, Florida — North Florida Regional
Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 523-bed, full-service medical
and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and
offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics,
neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery,
weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and
wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is
fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and
a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited
Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center
for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery,
and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017.
North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital
Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is
the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company
comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177
hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and
Nurse Manager GYN, Med/Surg and
Responsible for the direct and
indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit.
Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible
for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization.
Provides leadership and management of the staff in the
implementation of the nursing process. Participates in and
materially influences the selection, development, discipline, and
evaluation of staff.
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by
using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving common
goal of quality health care and supporting all quality
- Adheres to legal responsibilities as written in The State of
Florida Nurse Practice Act.
- Conducts self as professional role model and serves as clinical
consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical
- Responsible for daily staffing of the unit (as designated by
the Director) to meet the patient care needs.
- Assists the Director in maintaining the unit budget.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to
staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management
of utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation and
presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction
with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training and continuing
education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing
education of staff.
- Identifies, discusses and participates in the resolution of
patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Performance of daily patient rounds
- Maintains collegial and collaborative physician
- Participation in weekly discharge planning conferences.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of staff.
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and
unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed
to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect and open communications among staff
and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving
appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition and ownership of team goals
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR
required. MSN or Master’s degree
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR
3 to 5 years
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND
success and abilities in leadership, achieving results,
communications, customer service and health care
RN license in
the State of Florida. BLS &
committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At
North Florida Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of
medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Student Loan
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance
- Paid Personal
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based
on years of
- Identity Theft Protection
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance
- Employee Stock
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option