Certified First Assistant Full Time Days - Sebring
Company: AdventHealth Corporate
Posted on: January 12, 2022
DescriptionCertified Surgical Assist AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: -4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872 Top
Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Sebring
- Up to $10K Sign-on Bonus
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's
oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast Work
Hours/Shift: Full Time Days You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists Registered Nurse in planning patient care.
- Assists with moving and positioning of the patient.
- Assists with room turnovers as needed.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees / performs
- Assumes call assignments.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Adheres to guidelines and privileges/credentials for CSTFA or
CSAFA and functions within those guidelines
- Carries out responsibilities in an appropriate manner.
- Cleans and restocks rooms.
- Collaborate with other health team members.
- Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and goals of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety, policies and
- Effectively communicates with peers, other health team members,
patients and visitors.
- Exhibits professional behavior that reflects patient's right to
privacy, dignity and comfort.
- Exhibits team work.
- Maintains adaptability.
- Maintains aseptic techniques at all times.
- Manages assignees workload in a timely manner.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Performs surgical counts according to policy.
- Provides and maintains a safe physical environment.
- Responds in a timely manner to meet patient's needs.
- Responsible for personal professional growth and
- Under the direction of the RN assists with circulating
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications What You Will Need:
- Scrub Skills -
- First Assist Skills
- Sterile Technique
- Fluent in the English Language, speaking, reading and
- Must meet two of the following requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited surgical assistant program at a
college or university
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology program
or accredited Practical Nurse Program
- Been trained as a medical doctor in another country
- Current LPN license in State of Florida if a Practical
- BLS through the American Heart Association
- First Assistant Certification
- Surgical Tech Certification
- Previous First Assist experience in general surgery and
surgical subspecialties in a hospital preferred
- At least one year of current OR experience preferred Job
Summary:A Clinically competent uncertified surgical tech that works
under the supervision of the registered nurse in delivering safe
and effective care to the patient during the intraoperative period.
Assists surgeons in a manner as to make procedures smooth flowing.
Strictly adheres to aseptic technique. Effectively interacts with
patients and health care team members, while maintaining the
Surgical Services Department standards.This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Corporate, Gainesville , Certified First Assistant Full Time Days - Sebring, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!