Posted on: September 19, 2022
We are expanding and looking to add CNC Operators/Machinists of
varying skill sets to our team! We are hiring on both 1st and 2nd
CNC Operator Responsibilities
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
- Understand and identify the different material types and
- Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and
set machine operations and sequencing, finished workpiece
dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
- Input initial part dimensions into machine control
- Insert control instructions into machine control units to start
- Review calculations for machine speed and feed ratios, and the
size and position of cuts.
- Entering instructions, including zero and reference points;
setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional
switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, proving
- Understand the difference of M-codes and G-codes.
- Understands the process of how to set up mill vices OR bar
lathes by installing tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams,
gears, stops, and stock pushers.
- Concepts of drilling, tapping, reaming, milling, grooving,
cutting, thread chasing operations, and the proper use of each
- Taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting
processes, adjusting and replacing worn tools.
- Adhering to quality assurance procedures and
- Use and properly store approved precision measuring
- Check schedule and get next set-up ready before previous job is
- Other duties as assigned.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic
drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining
parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
(GD&T).'Develop CNC programs for part and component
- Sets-up mills and lathes by entering instructions, including
zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets,
compensation, and conditional switches.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and
four-jaw chucks, vises, tools, attachments, collets, bushings,
stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices.
- Measure and perform inspection on parts to verify setup and
accurate CNC programs.
- Troubleshoot CNC programs, machine malfunctions and error
- Communicate with appropriate persons immediately upon discovery
of potential problems and work to solve problems promptly and
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and threading
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tools; adhering to
quality assurance procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED and/or Technical School Graduate with
concentration in CNC operations or industry-recognized
- Experience with Okuma and/or Fanuc preferred.
- Experience operating multi (3&4) axis CNC Mill, preferably
OKUMA milling stainless steel.
- Experience with Okuma (OSP) and/or Fanuc controls
- G-Code/M-Code required.
- CAM system experience preferred. FeatureCAM experience is
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- CAD/CAM Software
- High School / GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC) (Fanuc, Okuma)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis) (Okuma)
- CAM Software
Keywords: ANCORP, Gainesville , CNC Machinist, Other , Williston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!