Control Room Operator Trainee - Branford, FL
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job ID: 477095Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland
and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure
for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from
our plants and network of terminals located across North America.
When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something
bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.Position: Plant
LaborerReports to: Production SupervisorShift: 12-hour rotating
swing shift 7:00am -7:00pm ET and 7:00pm- 7:00am ETAt Ash Grove
Cement, people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits
package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Pay
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities and more!What you'll be contributing:
- Complies with all safety policies, procedures, and established
safe practices and ensures that all direct reports do the
- To assist production employees by directing, coaching,
supporting, and delegating as the situation requires.
- Monitor production control system and respond with appropriate
- Coordinate the activities of plant operations as required to
assure the facility operations run efficiently and
- Communicate with mechanics, electricians, and supervisors to
coordinate production requirements.
- Monitor the quality throughout the process line and make
process adjustments as necessary to maintain product quality.
- Optimize production and minimize power and heat
- Monitor equipment and environmental conditions and react to
- Write detailed logs on plant operations and keep accurate
records of equipment downtime.
- Responsible for alerting Emergency Professionals and directing
Plant Personnel in the event of an emergency.
- Understand all applicable permit limits for the operation of
the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within the plant.
- Operate the kiln, mills, and other process equipment within the
state, provincial, and federal parameters for air quality standards
understanding how process changes affect plant operations with
respect to the permit limits.
- Coordinate Quarry, Packing/Shipping, and Laboratory Department
activities in the absence of the Production Supervisor.To succeed
in this position, you will need:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or
one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to safety
and have experience contributing to a positive, employee-oriented
- 2+ years of direct experience in a cement or similar
manufacturing environment is a plus
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and process control
systems is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of functional areas within the
company. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Computer literate. Able to monitor all computer-controlled
- Must know basic kiln and mill processes.
- Must be able to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be
able to travel through a cement plant, i.e., walk over obstacles,
climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear
personal protective equipment, and work in outside weather
conditions with exposure to extreme cold and heat. What to expect
in a cement environment:Work to be performed in a shop environment
as well as outdoor exposure throughout the plant. Mild exposure to
cement dust, heat, cold, and noise requires compliance with
specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high
elevations of up to 250 feet in height. Exposure to all weather
conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in
jarring and vibratory exposure.What's next for you? We provide
stability and advancement opportunities across North America. Use
our tuition reimbursement program to help you meet your career
goals.This job description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. The employee will be required to follow all job
instructions of his/her supervisor and to perform other work
assignments related to plant operations that are not inconsistent
with the current labor contract, past practices, or safety
policies.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Gainesville , Control Room Operator Trainee - Branford, FL, Other , Branford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!