Centrale Sterile Tech PRN
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Centrale Sterile Tech PRN you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA
Florida North Florida Hospital which is part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA
Florida North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Centrale Sterile Tech PRN where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsOperates sterilizers according to
standard procedures. Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from
the following: Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab,
Labor and Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Operates sterilizers according to standard procedures.
- Cooperates with other sterilization personnel with taking call.
- Practices biohazardous waste separation per policy and
- Responsible for receiving, sorting, cleaning and sterilizing
supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and stores equipment in between usages.
- Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from the following:
Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab, Labor and
Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Maintains shelf stock level of storeroom supplies and restock
supply carts to par level by ordering from Central Supply.
- Sorts, assembles, and inspects instrument trays reporting all
defects/damage and malfunctions.
- Loads and processes washers/decontaminators according to
- Removes and sorts items from washer/decontaminators and
assembles items according to standard procedures.
- Processes all items for sterilization and checks all items for
- Cleans all equipment and case carts according to standard
procedures and check for proper operation.
- Prepares instruments for clean or sterile packaging and stores
- Demonstrates ability to process sterile trays and packs using
proper testing and chart procedure.
- Maintains logs and documentation for all items sterilized.
- Utilizes heat sealer and peel pack machine according to
manufacturer recommendation and/or policy and procedure.
- Keeps sterilization logs current, ensures proper documentation.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.What
qualifications you will need:
- Ability to read, write and understand written and oral
- High School Graduate or GED preferred.
- Demonstrated communications and customer service skills,
success in organizing work and ability to multi-task. Ability to
follow written and oral instructions.
- BLS preferred but not required.This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49
years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive
cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We
offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight
loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include
women's health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the
Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American
College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction
Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to
patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest
scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Centrale Sterile Tech PRN opening. We promptly review
all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Gainesville , Centrale Sterile Tech PRN, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!