Company: Core Civic
Location: Lake City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
$18.00-$20.00 per hourSign On Bonus up to $5000 broken out over
12 months for Certified Florida Correctional Officers.Upon
employment, training for non-certified correctional officers will
be provided for the FDLE state certification. No experience
required. Existing FDLE certified correctional officers is a
plus!At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good. We are currently seeking a -Correctional
Officer -who has a passion for providing the highest quality care
in an institutional, secure setting. -Come join a team that is
dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we
The Correctional Officer performs routine duties in accordance with
established policies, regulations and procedures to maintain order
and provide for the security, care and direct supervision of
inmates/residents in housing units, at meals, during recreation, on
work assignments and during all other phases of activity in a
correctional facility. - May employ weapons or force to maintain
discipline and order. - -
- Responsible for maintaining order and security of inmates in a
correctional facility. -
- Able to work any shift, as you may be assigned to a variety of
posts including, but not limited to, armory/key control, housing
units, kitchen, medical, visitation, etc.
- CoreCivic recognizes your military service to qualify you for
requiring criminal justice experience. -Qualifications: -
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Must be certified in the discipline of Corrections through the
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and in good standing;
or must meet the FDLE eligibility guidelines and become a Certified
Correctional Officer in accordance with the process defined by
subsection 1 1B-27.002 F.A.C.
- Once hired, must complete pre-service correctional officer
training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security
officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete any required training.
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Gainesville , Correctional Officer, Other , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!