Company: UF Health Shands Hospital
Posted on: September 22, 2023
PA - Clinical Decision Unit
UF Health Shands Hospital
UF Health Shands Hospital is consistently ranked among the nation's
best hospitals. We're
recognized for delivering high-quality patient care,
physician assistant jobs now to practice observation medicine (OM)
in our Clinical Decision Unit
(CDU). If you're an PA looking for a rewarding position where
learn and grow, start a new chapter in your career with us.
Our new CDU is expected to open in January 2024. The unit will be
staffed 24/7 by APPs,
who will provide high-quality care with strict protocols and
under the supervision of emergency medicine physicians. The goal of
OM in the CDU is to
have patients exit within 23 hours. CDU patients require a moderate
to high complexity of
medical decision-making with a level of service like a
medical/surgical floor admission.
Delivering the best patient care requires the best care for our
- You'll earn competitive compensation to keep you happy and
- We look out for you and ourselves with full health and wellness
- Tuition reimbursement is available to help you grow.
- Florida relocation assistance may be offered.
Our patients - and our people - are the heart of what we do.
To make an impact as an PA in the CDU at UF Health Shands, you
- Coordinate continuity of patient care patient care and
contribute to the daily care
decisions for pediatric lung transplant patients.
- Make frequent bedside visits to assess the status of patients,
identify alterations in
patient health and assess patient response to treatment.
- Implement nursing interventions based upon established
treatment protocols and
anticipate potential outcomes for those at risk for
- Write orders, interact with consultants and coordinate
scheduling of therapeutic and
diagnostic tests and procedures.
To achieve excellence in this full-time role, we're looking
- PAs with a current and clear license (or eligibility to be
licensed) as an physician assistant in Florida.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must meet requirements set forth by the medical staff office to
obtain and retain
privileges to practice as an PA within UF Health Shands
and/or the Shands UF HealthCare Network, as applicable.
Shift: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Location: 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
Discover the many reasons UF Health Shands has earned accolades as
a medical provider and as
For full job requirements and to apply:
UF Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and a drug-free
Keywords: UF Health Shands Hospital, Gainesville , Physician Assistant, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!