Research Analytical Chemist
Company: Milliken & Company
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Milliken & Company is a global manufacturing leaderwhose focus
on materials science delivers tomorrow's breakthroughs today.
Fromindustry-leading molecules to sustainable innovations, Milliken
creates products thatenhance people's lives and deliver solutions
for its customers and communities. Drawing on thousands of patents
and a portfolio with applications across the textile, flooring,
chemical and healthcare businesses, the company harnesses a shared
sense of integrity and excellence to positively impact the world
for generations. Discover more about Milliken's curious minds and
inspired solutions at Milliken.com and on Facebook, Instagram,
LinkedIn and Twitter. POSITION TITLE Research Analytical Chemist,
Fine Chemicals Business POSITION OVERVIEW This position is
responsible for supporting R&D projects by executing and
coordinating qualitative and quantitative testing, developing, and
validating methods. The individual will be located at the R&D
facility in Gainesville, FL and report to the R&D Manager.
Occasional visits to external customer facilities, the company
headquarters in Spartanburg, SC, and other production sites within
the USA is possible. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform ICP-MS analyses and interpretation of data for research
and development and production samples, and maintenance of related
- Participate on process development project teams and support
teams in the following ways:
- develop and validate analytical methods that support products in
various industries, including semi-conductors
- lead the correlation of analytical methods with customers as
- lead implementation of analytical methods in internal production
Quality Control labs.
- perform method analysis studies such as MDL determinations, and
Gage R&R for analytical methods. -lead the startup of online
analytical methods for new process startups
- Provide analytical problem solving and support for Milliken
manufacturing sites, sales, and marketing functions as well as
- Develop collaborative relationships to successfully work in
multi-disciplinary teams of chemists, engineers, and associates in
the areas of environmental/regulatory, purchasing, and
- Work with technical associates engaged in hands-on analytical
problem solving, spectrometric method development, and data
- foster a working environment that promotes open communications,
teamwork, and individual engagement to accomplish goals and
- provide technical training and guidance for technical
- Ensure individual and team participation in the safety process
and compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Propose improvement to methods and equipment, including
identifying new technologies, justifying purchases of new
equipment, and equipment maintenance. QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED
- PhD in Chemistry.
- 1+ years of industry experience.
- Experience in analytical method development.
- Experience in use and maintenance of an ICP-MS.
- Experience with GC and GC-MS maintenance and method
- Strong creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
QUALIFICATIONS - DESIRED
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry.
- 3+ years of industry semiconductor analytical experience.
- Experience with method development for LC, FTIR, IC, UV-Vis,
GPC, and titrations. The successful candidate will have strengths
in the following:
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
communicate effectively to all levels in the organization, as well
as with other functions.
- Ability to see the world with science and apply rigorous
science and engineering fundamentals to a wide variety of problems.
Milliken is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender
(including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition,
including but not limited to lactation), sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression (including transgender status),
ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age physical or mental
disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran or
military status or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Milliken & Company, Gainesville , Research Analytical Chemist, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!