Kids' Club Associate
Company: Onelife Fitness
Posted on: February 10, 2019
Summary Objective: Provide safe, clean, and fun child-care services and interact professionally with both parents and children. Essential Functions:
- Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every time
- Supervise drop-off, pick-up, and check-in of children, following company standards
- Respond directly to physical and emotional needs of each child
- Plan, and lead age-appropriate activities and programming Job Responsibilities:
- Record parent information and label all incoming materials with child's name
- Direct children into activities to ease transitions from parents/guardians
- Address all questions or concerns from parents and children, referring as needed
- Lead activities and supervise free play
- Maintain a safe environment
- Notify parents if children's needs exceed the capacity of the Kids' Club
- Clean toys, games, and equipment after use
- Complete all paperwork as assigned
- Understand and meet employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work mornings, evenings and weekends as necessary Required Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of babysitting practices and techniques Required Experience, Education& Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED (or minimum of 16 years of age and current high school student in good standing)
- Six months' babysitting experience
- Certification in infant, child, and adult CPR/AED and Basic First Aid Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity& Working Conditions: Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work). Employee Benefits: All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER US Fitness is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its recruitment and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact us at or by email at . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered. US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act ("uniformed service member status"), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law. EEO IS THE LAW
Keywords: Onelife Fitness, Gainesville , Kids' Club Associate, Other , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!