Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Company: Tower Hill Insurance Group
Posted on: February 11, 2020
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst is responsible for working with
stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate business and
solution requirements to meet business needs. Must be able to work
with a diverse stakeholder group, identify areas of contention and
create a shared understanding between the customer community and
the solution delivery team while maintaining alignment with
Business and IT Strategies.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Elicit, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and
- Analyze business needs and processes, and develop detailed
requirements documentation for changes, enhancements, and new
- Assist the organization in identifying inefficiencies and
suggesting solutions through the examination of business
- Research and analyze business problems to determine if systems
solutions are advisable and available.
- Determine impacts to workflow and assist in the development of
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by
both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively
based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively communicate requirements conflicts to project
leads, assist with conflict resolution.
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all
- Manage requirement traceability and changes throughout the
- Liaison with QA/Testing team for test plan and testing
activities. Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately
cover the requirements. Support the planning and execution of
- Assist in troubleshooting application issues and defect
resolution with the business and development teams. Measures and
tracks quality of business analysis work.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans,
identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine
resource skill requirements; support risk management and change
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business
objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring
alternative perspectives and influence consensus among
- Effectively verify and validate requirements; ensure that all
requirements support the delivery of business value, fulfill goals
and objectives, and meet a stakeholder need.
- Continuously strive to improve understanding of requirements
techniques, processes and deliverables required to support
successful project delivery. Embrace feedback and opportunities for
- Simultaneously support multiple new initiatives along with
ongoing system maintenance work.
- Conduct independent research
- Assist with preparation of QA test cases
- Assist QA with Functional Systems testingPM19.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with business process modeling, use case modeling,
business report analysis
- Ability to manages scope of assigned projects and requirements
and manage customer expectations using a variety of resources
- Working knowledge of systems, applications, web technologies,
- Familiarity with programming languages like Visual Basic and
- Ability to explain technical details
- Ability to work with customers and teams of all levels and
- Advanced experience with SQL and Excel
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to independently manage multiple large initiatives
- Experience implementing BPM solutions, from analysis and design
to implementation preferred
- Business processes analysis and optimization experience
- BA / BS Management Information Systems, Computer Science,
Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business systems analysis or
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and supporting
business technology systems
- Minimum 5 years experience in the P&C insurance industry
Keywords: Tower Hill Insurance Group, Gainesville , Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!