Network Performance Analytics - Health Business Analyst
Company: Florida Blue
Posted on: November 13, 2020
Health Business Analyst - Network Performance Analytics
The Health Business Analyst within the Commercial Network
Performance Analytics team will provide analytical support for
provider negotiations, assessing financial reimbursement models,
and various provider network initiatives . Additionally, analytical
support may be needed across other key functional areas of the
organization including Actuarial, Payment Integrity, Product, and
Segment requiring development of analytical approaches, conclusions
and effective communication to various targeted audiences.
The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking skills,
experience working with large data sets, ability to draw
inferences, an understanding of various provider reimbursement
methodologies and a natural curiosity to understand health
The Skills You Bring:
- Analyze claims data in conjunction with provider reimbursement
methods to determine financial impacts, cost drivers and
improvement opportunities in support of provider negotiations.
Outputs are also used for forecasting, planning, assessing risk and
developing strategic considerations.
- Monitor and evaluate patterns, costs and trends as they relate
to the delivery of health care services for all ancillary provider
types including urgent care centers, labs, skilled nursing centers,
and dialysis centers.
- Produce basic spreadsheets, documents and presentations that
are well-documented and easy to follow (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint,
- Modify existing programs and write basic SAS/SQL programs for
- Proactively seeks training and builds knowledge/experience of
technical tools, coding languages and data sources.
- Ability to work in team environment emphasizing collaboration
and the development of synergies.
- 2+ years related analytical work experience with a focus in the
health or medical industry or equivalent combination of
transferable experience and education
- Master's degree in relevant field can be substituted for work
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with analytics and demonstrated clinical thinking
- Experience writing SQL/SAS code or related code
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Statistics, Data
Science, Health Economics or similar program
- Master's degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of various provider reimbursement
- General knowledge and experience in the healthcare industry
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Associated topics: analysis, analyst, analyze, bi, consult,
financial analyst, government, investment analytics, monitor,
Keywords: Florida Blue, Gainesville , Network Performance Analytics - Health Business Analyst, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!