Care Analytics - Health Business Analyst
Company: Florida Blue
Posted on: November 13, 2020
Health Business Analyst - Care Analytics
The Health Business Analyst within the Commercial Care Analytics
team will assist in a diverse range of analytical projects with a
focus on targeting , investigating and quantifying cost and
utilization drivers using claims , authorization and case
The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills, with a
combination of clinically-driven data analytical experience (e.g.,
knowledge of prevalent conditions in the population, experience
with CPT/ICD codes, understands drivers of medical expense, etc.),
great communication skills and a natural curiosity to understand
health insurance informatics.
The Skills You Bring:
- Analyze claims, authorization and care management program data
to identify areas of opportunity and provide analyses and
conclusions in support of Care business stakeholders.
- Assist in the evaluation of Case, Disease and Utilization
Management program ROI and cost savings using analytical methods
- Monitor and evaluate patterns, costs and trends as they relate
to clinical conditions, member utilization of medical services and
care management program outcomes.
- Produce basic spreadsheets, documents and presentations that
are well-documented and easy to follow (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint,
- Translate business intelligence requirements into performant
data models, data visualizations, and/or automated dashboard
- Modify existing programs and write basic SAS, SQL or R programs
for data extraction.
- Proactively seeks training and builds knowledge/experience of
technical tools, coding languages and data sources.
- Work cross-functionally with technical teams across the
business to understand how our data is being collected and used
throughout the business
- Develop, build, and maintain data processes in support of
ongoing opportunity analysis and condition analytics for integrated
- 2+ years related analytical work experience with a focus in the
health or medical industry or equivalent combination of
transferable experience and education
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with analytics and inferential statistics
- Strong knowledge and experience with SQL and query
- Familiarity with statistical programming languages such as R,
Python, or SAS
- Bachelor's degree Business Analytics, Statistics, Data Science,
Health Economics or similar program
- Master's degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of clinical conditions, procedure codes
(CPT-4, HCPCs) and diagnosis codes (ICD-10)
- Experience evaluating ROI and financial impact of care and
disease management programs
- Experience creating automated data solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business, financial analyst,
inspect, investment analyst, law, market, regulation, valuation
Keywords: Florida Blue, Gainesville , Care Analytics - Health Business Analyst, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!