Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor
Company: Perdue Farms
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor Date: Mar 26, 2021
Location: Gainesville, GA, US, 30507 Job Function: Food
Safety/Quality Assurance Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a
family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and
innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in
premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail
and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way
animals are raised for food. Summary Leads the local organization
in identifying, progressing and realizing the implementation
Quality / Food Safety Policy and Quality Systems. Identifies and
investigates all Quality /Food Safety opportunities covering all
products, projects, and processes. Delivers measurable improvements
utilizing Quality Improvement and continuous improvement
strategies. Implements standard processes and appropriate actions
to improve quality / Food Safety of products, reduction of
variation and eliminate waste. This position requires rotating
shifts and weekends. Principal and Essential Duties &
- Understand, display knowledge and supervise execution of FSQA
programs including, but not limited to BRC systems, HACCP,
sanitation, pest control, good manufacturing practices, foreign
material control, customer complaint, deviation investigation
process, Root-cause analysis, traceability, internal audit program,
trainings, food defense and security to comply with all company,
Customer and USDA/FDA regulatory requirements.
- Works to maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food
and the processes used in their manufacture.
- Lead complaint and internal manufacturing investigations on the
raw processing side, RTE process, and warehouse, determine root
cause, consult and provide corrective actions.
- Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible
defects and provide direction for improvement
- Ability to analyze facts(Data) or circumstances with the
technicians, QA and Ops management teams surrounding concerns to
determine actions within the limits of standar practicesm USA
regulatory and company policies.--
- Implements/enforces Product Specification auditing/compliance,
Food Sfaety program compliance, product hold and release.--
- Notifies/places hard holds at distribution locations,
evaulatuates and risk asses the product disposition or release in
case of quality or food safety deviations.--
- Collaborates with all stakeholders across the facility to
prevent and correct quality and food safety deviations/GM/process
- Ensures QA hold process is reported daily, executed with plant
cross-functional teams and taht the plant adhers to the hold and
- Oversees record keeping, direct observations, and pre-shipment
record reviews effectively within the next production shift.--
- Manage and coordinate execution of pre-operational checks,
environmental monitoring program and executing improvements based
on results and reporting for the cooked and RTE departments
- Identify process opportunities in the areas of responsibilities
and collaborate to provide resolutions.--
- Work closely with QA manager and shift supervisors for product
assessments or evaluations. Support all 2nd and 3rd party in
collaboration with the QA director.--
- Supports shift supervisors on daily activities, team
management, vacation scheduling to ensure there is always prescence
of management in the facility.--
- Bachelor degree preferably in Food Science, Animal Science,
Poultry Science, Operations Management, Biology or Chemistry.
- 3-5 years experience of relevent work experience in the food
industry, preferably in cooked & RTE USDA regulated operations
- HACCP certification and have knowledge in Food Safety,
preferrably in a Ready-To-Eat process.
- Trained in GFSI (SQF and or BRC) and PCQI preferred.
- Must have experience with food safety plant style
- Knowledge of HACCP, USDA regulations, GMPs, Quality Assurance,
and Food Microbiology, environmental testing, sanitation.--
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability
to multitask while maintaining required timeliness.--
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft computer software.
- Must be flexible with schedule---will have to cover different
shifts and work on weekends based on plant operations needs and or
QA management team vacation schedules. Environmental Factors and
Physical Requirements Position is mostly sedentary but may require
occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move
light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to
access files, supplies and equipment.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and
moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees
Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product
25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges
of 50 db. to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the
job as directed by the Company. May need to climb ladders.
-- Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: Perdue Farms, Gainesville , Food Safety Quality Assurance Supervisor, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!