Quality Assurance Technician
Company: Gold Creek Foods
Posted on: May 15, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician SAFETY
DUTIES: Wear proper personal protective equipment such as,
earplugs, gloves, safety eyeglasses and smock. Keep hands from
moving part. Use proper lifting techniques. Always keep assigned
area clean orderly. Report any accidents, unsafe equipment or area
to the line leader or supervisor. GENERAL DUTIES: To assist the QA
Supervisor in managing the quality and food safety systems at the
plant level which include all policies, programs, and procedures.
The QA Technician will have primary responsibilities of the HACCP
Programs, GMPs, SSOP Programs, Paperwork and Filing, all QA
Programs, and Enforcement of Product Specifications. SPECIFIC
DUTIES: Employee will clock in and gather their supplies at the
supply room when arrive at the facility. Employee will sanitize
before gloving and after reporting to the work area. Employee will
receive instructions from the line leader or supervisor. JOB
SPECIFICS:Monitors all HACCP Programs in the plant to ensure
regulatory compliance. Monitors GMPs in the plant and assures
strict adherence to the program. Records deficiencies and reports
these deficiencies to the QA Supervisor and Plant Manager.
Communicates these deficiencies to line personnel in a stern but
respectful manner. SSOP Programs:Monitors all SSOP Programs in the
plant to ensure regulatory compliance and food safety.Records
deficiencies and reports these deficiencies to the QA Supervisor
and Plant Manager.Communicates these deficiencies to sanitation
personnel (Pre-op) and to production personnel (Operational).
Paperwork Accuracy and Filing:Record data accurately and legible.
Files all paperwork in accordance with the QA Supervisors
direction. Enforcement of QA Programs:Monitors all QA Programs in
- Enforces programs in the plant.
- Corrects all issues in accordance to QA Programs.
- Follows up on issues and makes sure proper corrective actions
- Communicates these issues to QA Supervisor and Plant Manager.
Enforcement of Product Specifications:
- Monitors all products through the process (Includes Raw &
- Verifies that products are within the specification.
- Helps correct specification deviation with interaction with
- Stops line if deviation is not corrected and the specification
limits are met.
- Communicates these deviations to production personnel.
- Communicates these deviations to QA Supervisor and Plant
- Communicates any changes needed to specifications to QA
Supervisor. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employee will stand/walk 100% of
the time. Moderate reaching, bending and twisting 100% of the time.
Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast pace environment
at all times. ENVIRONMENT: Poultry processors work in cold, damp
conditions (40 to 50 degrees) to prevent the meat from spoiling.
Work area surface are wet and slippery 100% of the time. Because
processors work with knives and sharp machinery, there is a risk of
accidental injuries, ranging from minor cuts to finger or limb
amputations. EDUCATION: Preferred: Minimum of 2 years previous
experience in food processing / manufacturing Environment
Preferred. Knowledge of Quality processes and systems including but
not limited to HACCP, SSOPs and GMPs, Intermediate level computer
skills, Ability to communicate to all levels of staff and
management. High energy, self-starter and ability to work and
complete work in a timely manner. High level of organizational
skills. Ability to stand ground and enforce
policies/programs/specifications. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
English required. Required qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
- At least bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience in the food & restaurant industry
- Able to stand for duration of shift
Keywords: Gold Creek Foods, Gainesville , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!