Certified Veterinary Technician (Regional)
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Southern Veterinary Partners is a veterinarian owned and managed
network of animal hospitals with the common goal of providing the
highest quality veterinary care to companion animals with
exceptional client experiences. We are seeking Credentialed
Veterinary Technicians in the Gainesville, FL and surrounding areas
to join our SVP hospitals!
When you join our organization as a Veterinary Technician, you gain
access to a
peer network of over 5000 individuals, CE allowance, and Learning &
Development programs to help you meet your career goals. Whether
you are just now starting your journey as a Veterinary Technician
or are looking to make a change, SVP provides you with the
resources you need to have a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced
Check out the links to our Gainesville locations below!
* Shores Animal Hospital www.shoresanhosp.com
* Suburban Animal Hospital www.sahgainesville.com
* Patient examinations, auscultation of heart and lung sounds,
determine normal/abnormal TPRs and QATS
* Professional client communication and education obtaining medical
histories and symptoms
* Laboratory procedures including but not limited to: hematology,
cytology, urinalysis, microbiology, blood chemistry, and fecals
* Diagnostic imaging and implementing safety protocols of fellow
* Surgical assisting; preparing and maintaining the surgical
environment in order to ensure an asepsis environment for both
patient and personal safety.
* Anesthesia monitoring and endotracheal intubation
* Nursing skills including: restraining patients, administering
medications PO/IV/SUBQ/IM, applying and maintaining bandages,
providing high quality physical and psychological needs of the
patient during any hospitalization stay or visit
* Proficient in dental prophylaxis
* Pharmacy and pharmacology knowledge including: preparing and
dispensing medications, calculating dosages, recognizing adverse
reactions, knowledge of regulations regarding the safe handling of
* Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT,
* Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
* Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be
able to manage stressful situations.
Ready to help us WAG?
We live out our WAG Values on a daily basis, but don't just take
our word for it. Check out the video below to hear directly from
some of our teammates on what our WAG Values mean to them.
* Pay rates $20.00-$42.60/hour based on experience
Our team members enjoy an extensive, comprehensive benefits
package. When you're on our team, we've got you covered.
YOUR HEALTH - COVERED.
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Vision Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Mental Health Counseling
* Hospital Indemnity Insurance
* Life & Accident Insurance
* Long & Short-term Disability Insurance
* Teledoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
YOUR FAMILY - COVERED.
* Caring for Elderly Family
* Returning to Work After a Baby
* Moving to a New Community
* Grieving for a Lost Loved One
* Military Family Matters
* Job Relocation
* Buying or Selling a Home
YOUR FINANCES - COVERED.
* Sign-on Bonuses
* Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
* Budgeting and Financial Guidance
* Teammate Referral Program
* Discounted Veterinary Care
* Retirement Planning
* Will and Testament Planning
* Tax Issues
* Identify Theft Recovery
* Legal Counseling
* Teammate Assistance Program
About Southern Veterinary Partners
SVP pursues partnerships with like-minded veterinarians to build
this growing network of compassionate, service-oriented animal
hospitals. We're based in Birmingham, AL, but the heartbeat of our
organization is in our 300+ local animal hospitals across the
Our team's continuous dedication has rewarded us with remarkable
growth, and Southern Veterinary Partners now employs more than
5,000 employees nationwide. The organization's success has not gone
unnoticed, landing us recognition among Inc. 5000's List of
"Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, and
2021), Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of the Fastest
Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021),
and Birmingham Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" (2021).
You + SVP - Amazing Together
Let's talk about your amazing future. Start the conversation with
our teams today.
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Gainesville , Certified Veterinary Technician (Regional), Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!