Company: PK Management LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
PK Management, LLC, a leading property management company in the
multi-housing industry, has an opening for a full-time Maintenance
Technician. We are seeking a self-motivated and a career-minded
individual to join our team. Professional and friendly work
environment. Great benefits including health, life, vacation and
401K! Equal Opportunity Employer. Job Summary Apply maintenance
skills and customer service skills to ensure overall maintenance of
the property to ensure that all physical as- pects of the property
meet all applicable laws as well as the company's established
standards. Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of the property and
its units; plumbing, electrical, heating/cooling, carpentry,
appliances, painting and drywall. Work may be per- formed
independently or as part of the maintenance team. This position
operates within and contributes to an environment with Fair Housing
laws and Equal Employment Opportunity. Primary Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot work orders daily for residents prioritizing the
service requests and ensuring they are completed in a timely
- Prepare vacant units for new residents ensuring that the unit
meets the company standards/checklist.
- Maintain the exterior grounds of the property and conduct
seasonal duties such as snow removal or pool maintenance.
- Conduct walk-through of the entire property to ensure
everything is in working order; if not, take the appropriate steps
- Prepare for inspections.
- Schedule outside contractors for projects, if necessary.
- Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call
duties are required.
- Attend staff meetings as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor,
Maintenance Manager or Property Manager. Essential Skills and
- Administrative Skills - ability to understand the Company's
policies and procedures, track materials used for inventory purpos-
es, sign-in/sign-out unit keys.
- Analytical Skills - ability to draw conclusions and examine
alternatives when approaching a maintenance request, ability to
read blue prints, if required, ability to consider alternative
methods/materials, if the necessary are unavailable.
- Communication/Language Skills - ability to read and comprehend
warning labels and service requests, ability to effectively
communicate with residents and other property staff.
- Coordinating Skills - ability to prioritize numerous tasks and
the importance of service requests.
- Creative Skills - ability to find the most efficient way to
complete a task, continuously look for ways to retain residents and
improve the property.
- Computer Skills - Outlook.
- Leadership Skills - ability to show confidence in work,
motivate others and represent the property at resident
- Manual Skills - cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping.
- Maintenance Skills - plumbing, electric, heating/cooling,
carpentry, appliance repair, painting, drywall
- Appliance Repair - Troubleshooting and repair of parts, clean
lint screen in washer/dryer, pumps and transmission, water heater
troubleshooting, repair and replacement.
- Carpentry - Proper use of hand and power tools, cabinetry, door
hanging to include installing hardware, closets, hinges, drywall
repair and replacement, window repair and replacement, shelving
- Electrical - Able to replace outlets, switches, light fixtures,
circuit breakers, photocells, ballasts, understand and use basic
test equipment, knowledge of fire and security system
- Grounds keeping - Maintain landscaping and snow removal
equipment, snow removal and salting of walks, operate blower,
operate and maintain lawn equipment.
- Housekeeping - Understand and use MSDS, use cleaning che
Education: High School Diploma/GED (beneficial) Work Experience:
1-3 years of prior maintenance experience required.
Licenses/Certifications: HVAC certification preferred, valid
driver's license with insurance required. valid driver's license
may be required by property. Minimum Tools Required Standard tools:
hammer, screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, etc--- PI186160117
Keywords: PK Management LLC, Gainesville , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!