Part-time Ultrasound Technician
Company: e CancerCare
Location: Lake City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Purpose: The Ultrasound Technologist is critical to the
overall performance and efficiency of the imaging center. This
position works directly with patients to capture images and scans
of internal organs in accordance with physician orders. Essential
Functions: * Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography
* Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
* Calculates and selects proper technical factors and probes based
on patient age, physical condition and suspected or confirmed
* Processing sonographic images and evaluating them for technical
* Analyses sonographic information, medical history and
communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
* Maintain logs of patients for billing purposes.
* Educating patient and families regarding the examination process
to ensure comfort and comprehension.
* Obtaining clinical history of patient's condition.
* Provide caring responses to patient and families questions and
* Assist in maintaining a clean and orderly clinic to include
procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area
and any other areas in the clinic.
* Regular attendance and punctuality.
* Perform any other functions as required by management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements * Ability to work a
flexible schedule as necessary.
* Current CPR certification.
* Completion of an accredited program for Ultrasound
* ARRT or ARDMS registration in current standings
* RDMS credentials preferred.
* Minimum of three years' experience as a Ultrasound Technologist
Preferred Skills * Prior experience in an urology environment,
ideal experience: RUS/TRUS of the prostate, abdomen, and scrotum
Required Competencies Excellent judgment, dependability,
conscientious performance. Detail oriented. Exceptional
interpersonal and communication skills. Caring and empathetic. High
ethical standards. Mechanical ability and manual dexterity for
operating complicated equipments. Physical Demands and Work
Environment The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties of this
job, employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach hands and arms; talk and
hear. Employee must lift and/or move 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, speech clarity,
climb, balance, and stoop, kneel, and bend. Work environment: While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to
environmental risk of radiation exposure, and biohazard
Keywords: e CancerCare, Gainesville , Part-time Ultrasound Technician, Professions , Lake City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!