Plant Manager - Branford, FL
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job ID: 477652Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides Portland
and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure
for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from
our plants and network of terminals located across North America.
When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something
bigger. We stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.At Ash Grove Cement,
people are our first priority. We offer a complete benefits
package, and opportunities for your continued growth and
development!Summary:Plans, coordinates and supervises the
production operations, hazardous waste fuel program (where
applicable), maintenance activities, quality and safety programs,
and other related functions involved in plant operations.
Incorporates directives provided by corporate management into plant
policies and procedures so as to maintain appropriate standards and
schedules. Uses independent judgment in making routine plant
decisions. Works from general policies and procedures. Refers to
supervisor when clarification or interpretation of organizational
policy is needed. Exercises direct or indirect supervision over all
plant employees, some of which occupy lower-level management
positions. The number of employees typically ranges between 90-135
employees.What you'll be contributing:
- Leads the safety culture improvement program and maintains
compliance with safety standards. Participates in and engages plant
employees in safety meetings. Leads by example.
- Conducts meetings with plant staff personnel to communicate,
coordinate and discuss plant operations including areas such as
production, quarry, hazardous waste, maintenance, special projects,
- Monitors, inspects and reviews all plant activities including
production operations, maintenance activities, quality controls,
- Ensures production schedule corresponds with sales
- Assists in investigating customer and quality problems and
- Meets with various government agencies and community groups
concerning plant activities, specifically pertaining to compliance
with environmental regulations, policies and standards.
- Prepares reports regarding plant production operations on a
daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual basis.
- Attends RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities (cement
- Affects job performance through motivation, goals and providing
- Establishes plant standards, short-term goals and long-term
strategic plans regarding production, maintenance, improvements,
- Discusses new products, equipment, and ideas with staff and
- Analyzes plant costs and explores methods to improve
productivity in a cost-effective manner.
- Troubleshoots various problems and performance barriers as they
arise.To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred disciplines, engineering,
chemistry, or natural sciences. Business degree is acceptable.
- 10 years of experience in a cement or lime manufacturing
facility with specific exposure to plant management
responsibilities. Type of experience - cement or lime - depends on
the specific type of plant with the position under
- Professional Engineer (PE) Preferred
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Effective negotiation skills in business and construction
- Effective use of computers for general word processing,
spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, internet and customized
company programs. Able to use technology to develop a continuous
improvement plan for the plant.
- Able to communicate the companies vision into actionable goals
and contributions for plant personnel.
- Excellent ability to network with industry professionals,
consultants, vendors, suppliers, regulatory and the community.
- Familiar with MSHA/OSHA regulations, safe work practices,
hazard recognition, regulation of air, water and waste, and general
business and law contracts.
- Fundamental understanding of cement chemistry, physical testing
and concrete performance.
- Familiar with the following types of system: computerized
maintenance management, data acquisition, compliance management,
data management, High Level control, and PLC control for the
purpose of cement manufacturing (crushing, grinding,
pyroprocessing, chemistry).What's next for you?We provide stability
and advancement opportunities across North America. Use our tuition
reimbursement program to help you meet your career goals.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The
employee will be required to follow all job instructions of his/her
supervisor and to perform other work assignments related to plant
operations that are not inconsistent with the current labor
contract, past practices, or safety policies.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Gainesville , Plant Manager - Branford, FL, Professions , Branford, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!