Maintenance Technician Full
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: November 19, 2023
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician position must demonstrate and promote a
strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our
guests and associates. The position is responsible to ensure that
all property equipment is functioning, premises are maintained in a
pristine condition, and that all guest rooms are in good repair.
The position is responsible for ensuring that all tasks outlined in
the Green Shield Binder and as directed by the management team
and/or Regional Asset Manager are completed in a timely fashion in
accordance with company standards.
Watch A Day in the Life video for Maintenance Technician
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- The Maintenance Technician must be able to work with minimal
supervision while performing all essential duties to satisfaction
and company standard.
- Job function to include assisting guests upon request,
responding to all guest requests with diligent follow through in
accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job function to include performing the out of room cleaning
outlined in the Green Shield Binder to ensure that the premises are
maintained in pristine condition. This includes but is not limited
to trash and debris, trash containers, cleanliness of building
interior and exterior, grounds, walkways, stairwells, driveways and
- Job functions to include performing repairs listed on work
orders and following the work order process as outlined in the
Green Shield Binder. Repairs must be made in a timely fashion and
- Job functions to include preventative maintenance inspections
and repairs as outlined in the Green Shield Binder.
- Job functions to include following the Green Shield Inspection
schedule on a daily basis in order to accomplish all tasks outlined
in a timely fashion in accordance with company standard.
- Job functions to include maintaining all records as outlined
within the Green Shield Binder to include but not limited to Guest
Room PM deficiencies, PM Room Inspections, Life Safety Inspections,
Elevator Inspections and Non-Guest Room Deficiency Log.
- Job function to include following the outlined work flow on the
Green Shield Schedule, utilizing the SOPs as a reference guide to
complete all tasks per company standard.
- Job function to include maintaining an organized and clean work
area in the maintenance room, while managing and safe guarding all
maintenance tool inventory on a daily basis. Need to ensure that
all tools are in good working condition.
- Job function to include maintaining a clean and organized
boiler room, electric rooms, HVAC rooms, fire sprinkler rooms, in
accordance with company standard and local ordinance.
- Job function to include ensuring that all fire safety equipment
(fire alarm system, smoke detectors, CO detectors, fire
extinguishers, etc) are operational and that inspections are
current and in compliance with company standards and local
- Compliance with all ESA safety and security policies and
procedures to include OSHA and ADA.
- Job function to include maintenance of pool and or spa in
accordance with ESA policies, procedures and in compliance with
- Job functions to include assisting with or handling the
response to emergencies at the property or sister location when
asked by management.
- Job functions to include monitoring and follow up with outside
vendors when directed by management.
- Assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as assigned by
the manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk,
associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas,
stairwells and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness.
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
- Weekly Pay!
- Competitive Wages
- Great working environment
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- Employer Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Optional Employee Paid - Voluntary Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Buy-Up Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Perks Progam offering discounts to major companies
Pay range information for the position you are applying for is
Disclaimer: Compensation may vary based on role, level, experience,
length of time in a position, and
location. Candidates are not guaranteed to be at the high or low
end of the compensation ranges
presented. The Company complies with applicable federal, state, and
local minimum wage requirements.
For Colorado, Washington, California, Applicants Only:
Maintenance Technician Full Time $15.50 - $27.32 / Hourly
For New York City (Whitestone) Applicants Only:
Maintenance Technician Full Time $27.43 / Hourly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and communicate effectively with guests,
associates and outside vendors.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and other guidelines
and company standards.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to use units of measurement for weight, volume and
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to assist with solving guest issues and deal with
problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary, be mobile, navigate the
hotel, handle, reach, and detect objects, tools, or controls, and
detect scent and detect sounds.
- The associate must be able to position self to access low
areas, traverse heights and remain stable while doing so, balance,
and the ability to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The associate must be able to occasionally push/pull objects
(tools/carts/cleaning equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The associate must have the ability to discern or detect items
in guest rooms to ensure safe performance of work.
- The associate may frequently work in outside weather conditions
(depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non
weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and
risk of electrical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the
policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in
all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under
applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Gainesville , Maintenance Technician Full, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!