Central Sterile Technician PRN Womens Center OR
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered
around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North
Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed,
full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North
Central Florida and offering comprehensive--cardiovascular
laparoscopic and robotic surgery,--weight loss surgery and
treatment,--women---s health--and--wound therapy, among other
services.------Position Summary: Operates sterilizers according to
standard procedures. Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from
the following: Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab,
Labor and Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Operates sterilizers according to standard procedures.
- Cooperates with other sterilization personnel with taking
- Practices bio hazardous waste separation per policy and
- Responsible for receiving, sorting, cleaning and sterilizing
supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and stores equipment in between usages.
- Reprocesses all instrumentation and trays from the following:
Emergency Room, Radiology, Respiratory, CVL Lab, Labor and
Delivery, Women's Center OR, Other units as necessary.
- Maintains shelf stock level of storeroom supplies and restock
supply carts to par level by ordering from Central Supply.
- Sorts, assembles, and inspects instrument trays reporting all
defects/damage and malfunctions.
- Loads and processes washers/decontaminators according to
- Removes and sorts items from washer/decontaminators and
assembles items according to standard procedures.
- Processes all items for sterilization and checks all items for
- Cleans all equipment and case carts according to standard
procedures and check or proper operation.
- Prepares instruments for clean or sterile packaging and stores
- Demonstrates ability to process sterile trays and packs using
proper testing and chart procedure.
- Maintains logs and documentation for all items sterilized.
- Utilizes heat sealer and peel pack machine according to
manufacturer recommendation and/or policy and procedure.
- Keeps sterilization logs current, ensures proper
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:Education:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read, write and understand written and oral
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation
experience--is preferred.Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated communications and customer service skills,
success in organizing work and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow written and oral
- BLS through American Heart Assocation-- An EEO/AA Employer
M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free CampusNotice Our Company---s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us email@example.com
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , Central Sterile Technician PRN Womens Center OR, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!