EP Cardiovascular Technician
Company: North Florida Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
6500 W Newberry RoadGainesville, FL
32605--mso-add-space:auto;line-height:normal"> North Florida
Regional Healthcare is anorganization centered around the community
hospital in Gainesville, Florida ---North Florida Regional Medical
Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-servicemedical and
surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida
andoffering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology,
orthopedics, neurosciences,minimally-invasive laparoscopic and
robotic surgery, weight loss surgery andtreatment, senior care,
women's health and wound therapy, among other services.A proven
leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a
ComprehensiveStroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint
Commission, is anaccredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a
Blue Distinction (tm) Centerfor Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine
Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned aposition in Truven
Health's Top 100 Hospitals in
Your benefits include:-------401k -------------------Paid Time
Off-------------------Medical, dental, flex spending, life,
program-------------------Employee stock purchase program -- --
--Student loan repayment--
--------------------------Position Summary: Serves in the capacity
of the cardiovascular tech; assisting in patient care through
procedures.-- Additionally is directly involved in assisting with
EP procedures and the development of protocols. Cross trains cath
lab staff to EP procedures to achieve a level of comfort in working
with the new procedures and meet developed competencies that are
- Regulates the equipment used to archive X-ray images.
- Responsible for recognizing all pressure forms and hemodynamic
- Utilizes supplies and equipment with efficiency.
- Asses the physiological and psychological needs of each patient
that is admitted to the CVL holding area.
- Documents all appropriate information in complete, concise,
neat, and accurate manner.
- Responsible for acting as preceptor.
- Shows evidence of preparedness for specific invasive
- Confirms current supplies prior to opening to prevent
- Aware of patient's allergies prior to selection of local
anesthesia, prep, and contrast agent.
- Drapes patient appropriately maintaining sterility of entry
site and field.
- Adheres to radiation protection measures reflected by low badge
- Informs patient prior to draping or any patient contact.
- Effectively achieves hemostasis causing minimum discomfort and
- Notifies nursing floor of transport prior to leaving CVL. Signs
patient in and out from floors per hospital policy.
- Accurately relays all pertinent patient and case information to
- Operates equipment while performing a variety of
- --Responds to call back within 30 minutesQualifications
Education Required:Technical training from CVT Program----
Experience Required:--1 year of related experience
Licensure/Certification:BLS and ACLS certified through the American
Heart Association RCES and/or IBHRE eligible-- An EEO/AA Employer
M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus --Notice Our Company---s recruiters
are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and
we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: North Florida Regional Medical Center, Gainesville , EP Cardiovascular Technician, Professions , Gainesville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!